Come to a place where the tall pines, clean water, and clean air bring you serenity and relaxation–Northern Pines, located
in Raymond, Maine, on the shores of Crescent Lake. Northern Pines Bed and Breakfast Plus offers individuals and small groups a place apart to let go of stress, to enjoy nurturing, to move through transitions, to improve in health in body, mind, and spirit, with our natural whole foods breakfast, natural lakeside environment, and spa services. Northern Pines B+B Plus offers a range of spa services, including Massage Therapy, Salt Glow Aromatherapy, Moor Body Wrap, Foot Reflexology, Transformational Breath Sessions, Herbal Facials, plus… Not all services are available every day. Enjoy swimming, canoeing, hiking or just relaxing in a hammock under the tall pines.
Accommodations Dryad Cabin with 1/2 bath + deck (single bed and double bed); Yurt Streamside (single room with private bath); Yurt Woodside (double bed and single bed with shared bath); Yurt Lakeside (double bed and single bed with shared bath); Overbrook Cabin (2 single beds with no bath)
Poland Spring Health Institute
32 Summit Spring Rd.
Poland, ME 04274-6704
(207) 998-2894; fax (207) 998-2164
Poland Springs Health Institute is a health conditioning center with a focus on prevention. The cheerful, homelike atmosphere helps each guest practice an active lifestyle enhancement program based on education, group motivation, dietary instruction, exercise and the use of every healthful natural agency. Doctors, nurses, and licensed therapists are on staff to assist you. All staff are Seventh-Day-Adventist.
Poland Spring offers you
- A lifestyle improvement program adapted to your personal needs.
- A quiet, peaceful farm life amid the natural beauty of rural Maine.
- Scenic trails for cycling, hiking, walking, and nature study.
- Large private or semiprivate rooms, each with a magnificent view.
- Medical consultations and thorough diagnostic evaluations.
- Instructions in cholesterol-free cooking and vegetarian nutrition.
- Hydrotherapy and massage to enhance well-being and restful sleep.
- Opportunities to renew the spirit in an atmosphere of prayer and praise.
- Smoking Detox: A two-week live-in clinic for guests who want help to quit smoking.
- Coronary Heart Disease: Three weeks is just right for people who want to lower their risk of a heart attack or reduce the blood cholesterol.
- Individually Tailored Programs: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Depression, Diabetes Management, Arthritis, Weight Reduction, Stress Management, Hypertension, and Pain.
Accommodations 135 acres with 3 large farmhouses, whirlpool, walking trails, rural lake, hay fields, bee farm. 3 vegetarian meals are served daily. Rates vary according to length of stay and lodging. No alcohol is allowed, smoking is only allowed outdoors.